About Ha Long Bay
About Halong Bay
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, and among must-to-see list when you are in Vietnam
- Features mainly limestone karsts of lively and variable shapes and sizes
- Great value on geological, geographical, geomorphological, history, climate and cultures
- Scale 1553 km2, with nearly 2000 islets which have gone through 500 million years of formation
- Nearby bays can be reached: Bai Tu Long Bay, Lan Ha Bay, Cat Ba Island
- 165km distanced from Ha Noi with available transportations: car, train, seaplanes
- Was a World Natural Heritage since 1994 by UNESCO for the natural beauty, and for the second time for its geographical and geomorphologic values since 2000.
How to get to HaLong Bay?
With the distance of 170km (105 miles), travelers could get to Ha Long Bay from Hanoi by private transfer, shuttle buses provided by cruises on Halong Bay at shared basic, local bus, seaplane with higher cost but amazing chances to see the stunning Ha Long Bay from above.
There are two ways which is the old route via National Road No. 18 taking roughly 3.5 hours to get there; or newly built Express Way via Hai Phong taking nearly 2.5 hours.